Listener email:

Carol in
Des Moines writes:

I hope I can remember to listen to your program! I usually catch it when I'm in the car. I am dreaming of buying a new computer. I noticed that the top few of the top 15 are powered by Athalon
instead of Pentium. Is that better and faster than Pentium? I've been looking at
Gateway and Dell and neither offer them. I'll try to remember to listen! 
Thanks!



Hi Carol,



AMD processors are very comparable to and competitive with Intel's offerings. My next computer will not be a name brand, factory built machine. But it will have name brand parts and software, such asRedhat, AMD, nVidia, Western Digital and Teac. I'll have it built by a local shop, get a faster, more stable computer for the same money, about $1,200 with extra RAM and better video.



--Danny

Popular posts from this blog

A University City, Missouri police sergeant detained a man who flipped the bird and demanded identification

A "consensual stop" in West Des Moines, Iowa

Teenage migrant worker held for months following questionable police stop in Florida