Speeding trooper versus citizen activist

Florence, TX -- Phillip "The Battousai" Turner observes Texas State Trooper Jim Kellert speeding. The following conversation ensues.

Trooper Jim Kellert (walking out of c-store, beverage in hand)

Hi, how are ya?

Mr. Turner, The Battousai

Hi. Can I talk to you for a second?

Trooper Kellert

I don't have much time, to be honest, okay? I'm in a little bit of a hurry, alright?

The Battousai

I just need to get your name and badge number.

Trooper Kellert

Why's that?

The Battousai

Just asking for it.

Trooper Kellert

For what reason?

The Battousai

Because I saw you speeding and I was just asking.

Trooper Kellert

Oh, you did? Um. Really? Oh, well, that's, uh. You're on foot here and I didn't see you along the road anywhere I was driving. Are you sure you got the right vehicle?

The Battousai

I'm sure.

Trooper Kellert

Hmm. And which vehicle is yours?

The Battousai

What's that?

Trooper Kellert

What's your name, sir?

The Battousai

I don't have to give you that. I'm just asking for your name and badge number.

Trooper Kellert

Well then I don't have to provide you with the information you're asking for.

The Battousai

You're really not going to give me your name and badge number?

(The trooper get's in his cruiser, shuts the door and starts the engine.)

(Phillip walks to the front of the car and captures the front tag, #06549.)

Trooper Kellert (stepping from his car, engine running.)

It's right here, sir. Come here. Now what are you driving?

The Battousai

I'm just asking for your name and badge number.

Trooper Kellert

And why is that? You didn't give me, uh, uh, a legitimate reason.

The Battousai

I said you were speeding and I'm just asking for your name and badge number ... so I can file a complaint, now.

Trooper Kellert

Oh. Very good.

The Battousai

You got a busines card?

Trooper Kellert

Yeah, whatever. I know which group you're with. And I'm also recording you.

The Battousai

You know which what I'm with?

(The trooper re-enters his vehicle and drives off.)


Watch the entire encounter on YouTube.

Popular posts from this blog

A University City, Missouri police sergeant detained a man who flipped the bird and demanded identification

A "consensual stop" in West Des Moines, Iowa

Teenage migrant worker held for months following questionable police stop in Florida