Chops, green beans and pasta attempt #2!

Last week I tried my hand at fettuccine after watching Jamie Oliver teach a class how it's done. It all looked so easy!

I failed. My dough was too dry, and therefore too tough to knead properly. I also didn't own a pasta machine, so my handcrafted results were thick, rubbery noodles.

Enter the Marcato Atlas 150 and another attempt at the dough and...

Ah ha! Fettuccine is perfected!
100g AP flour
1 lg egg + olive oil = 60 ml
+ 1 T water to 74 ml

Mixing this almost killed my $20, 10-year-old food processor, I managed it and it made the kneading fast & easy! Still, I'm putting the Cuisinart on my Christmas list.

Now the one-minute sauce: diced tomatoes (Fareway hydroponics, even), olive oil, butter, Italian seasoning, garlic, salt & pepper, cayenne.

I tossed a handful of fettuccine in boiling salted water. Then I added the oil & garlic to a hot pan. Next the diced tomatoes and seasoning by the seat of my pants. After cooking for what couldn't have been 2 minutes I dumped the noodles into the sauce. Some fancy chef type pan flipping and 30 seconds later I was sliding the colorful appetizer onto a plate. Tasty!

Next I cut open the seasoned butterfly chop & green beans that had been in the sous vide bath at 155° F for the past 3 hours, just hanging out & waiting patiently for me to finish my pasta. I seared the chop for a minute in olive oil and garlic, then plated along with my buttered green beans. The pork was tender and juicy, and with a pull of horseradish mustard I was back in my hometown.  lovin' life!

Popular posts from this blog

A University City, Missouri police sergeant detained a man who flipped the bird and demanded identification

A "consensual stop" in West Des Moines, Iowa

Teenage migrant worker held for months following questionable police stop in Florida