Armchair Law Professor

Every once in a while, I get what I think is an epiphany, often inspired by something I see or read. You might think these thoughts are exhibitions of my ignorance, but I believe there's something to them, so I share.

Perhaps I should call these entries "Bishop's Charter" additions, or "How the Law Ought to Be Written".

CASELAW:
No court shall decide, nor pontificate in its decision, with respect to case law or precedent, but on the sole merits of the case before it, and applying its own reasonable and thoughtful interpretation of pertinent laws and the Constitution of the United States, or errors thereof, notwithstanding spirit and intent of applicable law. However, on appeal, a court may consider error or misinterpretation of the law by the lower court, as well as new evidence that is shown to be previously and wrongly suppressed.


As always, I welcome thoughtful criticism.

Popular posts from this blog

A University City, Missouri police sergeant detained a man who flipped the bird and demanded identification

A "consensual stop" in West Des Moines, Iowa

Teenage migrant worker held for months following questionable police stop in Florida