I think an immigrant in good standing should be able to obtain an Iowa driver's license, as long as the same standards I have to follow apply to them. For instance, I have to have insurance. So should they. I have to pay taxes. So should they. You get my drift. Illegal immigrants, on the other hand, are separate issue. They should not only be barred from driving in Iowa, but should be arrested and deported post haste. If the standards for immigration into the US are unreasonable, then the we should fix the standards. Breaking the law needs to be punished, not rewarded.
Tuesday, March 1, 2005
Immigrants want driver's licenses too
Grow hemp; save the world
A Macroeconomic Strategy for Structural Stability and Material Decarbonization Modern industrial supply chains exist in a state of chronic v...
-
WTEM announced it would begin embargoing their Podcasts for 24-hours after the corresponding shows air -- essentially erecting a pay wall, a...
-
In Iowa , the debate over public safety versus government surveillance has escalated rapidly. A major joint investigation by the University ...