Immigrants want driver's licenses too

I think an immigrant in good standing should be able to obtain an Iowa driver's license, as long as the same standards I have to follow apply to them. For instance, I have to have insurance. So should they. I have to pay taxes. So should they. You get my drift. Illegal immigrants, on the other hand, are separate issue. They should not only be barred from driving in Iowa, but should be arrested and deported post haste. If the standards for immigration into the US are unreasonable, then the we should fix the standards. Breaking the law needs to be punished, not rewarded.

DesMoinesRegister.com

Popular posts from this blog

A University City, Missouri police sergeant detained a man who flipped the bird and demanded identification

A "consensual stop" in West Des Moines, Iowa

Teenage migrant worker held for months following questionable police stop in Florida