Telemarketing, Shmelemarketing

Am I nuts? I thought the First Amendment predated telephones. Would someone please tell me what law here would abridge a person's right to speech? And tell me again about my right to peaceful enjoyment, please!

If you want to call me, establish a relationship with me through direct
marketing, traditional media advertising or by stumbling into me at Wellman's. 
For the most part, if I'm in the market for aluminum siding, I'll Google "aluminum siding"
-- or hang out at Wellman's if I want more drinking buddies.

What's probably
more troubling are all the deceptive practices I see day-to-day.  Masking or dressing up "caller ID" and "last call return" data
just so they can fool me into answering the phone, or preventing me from
identifying them.  How about the ones who say they work for your local
cable company?  Or advertising a new notebook computer for only $799, then
show in small print "After Rebate".  Don't get me started on the whole
"after rebate" scam.  Then there's the "free" scam.  Wake up people. 
It isn't free if you have to spend money to get it!

(steps down off his soap
box)

Popular posts from this blog

A University City, Missouri police sergeant detained a man who flipped the bird and demanded identification

A "consensual stop" in West Des Moines, Iowa

Teenage migrant worker held for months following questionable police stop in Florida